6 Days – Monday 18th to Saturday 23rd March 2024
Accomodation: Ballarat, Dingley Village, Horsham
Highlights of the tour:
- « 6 day tour of iconic Victorian places and of course the Flower Show.
- « Stop for lunch at the Henry & Rose Café, which includes a beautiful gift shop.
- « Head to the beautiful Victorian Mornington Peninsula coastline, passing the Iconic “’Bathing Boxes” at Mount Martha and finally arriving at Arthur’s Seat. Have the option of ascending to the highest viewpoint on the peninsula in a state of the art gondola, or for those not keen on heights, make your way to the top in the comfort of the coach.
- Enjoy the views as we take the Flinders Hinterland Scenic Drive stopping for ice cream along the way
- «Visit Cruden Farm, home and special place left by the late Dame Elizabeth Murdoch “for people to enjoy”. Take a stroll through one of their many gardens
- «Head to Phillip Island where we will spend the day touring this island sanctuary, taking in the captivating coastline, unique wildlife and of course the little penguins. We will also visit places such as the National Vietnam Veterans Museum where we will be having lunch and also stopping at Phillip Island Racetrack .
- « See the world-famous penguin parade. Phillip Island is home to one of the world’s largest little penguin colonies. You will get to watch these cute little animals emerge from the water and waddle across the sand, and into their burrows in the dunes. What a cute way to finish this fun filled day.
- « Head to the Dandenong Ranges, with another full day with lots of new and exciting places and experiences to be had.
- « Hop on board the historic steam train, the Puffing Billy. Take a seat in an open-sided carriage and enjoy your journey, travelling through the magnificent Dandenong Ranges. See the lush fern gullies and Mountain Ash Trees towering overhead.
- « Stop at Pie in the Sky Café, and purchase your own lunch here. This cute café was the scene of the movie Lantana – an award winning Australian film starring Anthony LaPaglia, Kerry Armstrong, Geoffrey Rush and other notable Australian Actors.
- « Whilst still in the Dandenong Ranges, we will visit the recreation of the Chelsea Garden, which was the 2013 winning entry in the Chelsea Flower Show.
- « Arrive at the Melbourne Flower Show on day 5. Whilst here you are free to wander through the Royal Exhibition Building, full of blooming flower exhibitions and witness for yourself the work of many talented Australians. See winning floral and garden designs and there is opportunity to experience masterclasses with floral designers, meet landscape designers, exhibitors and industry experts.
- « Homeward bound on day 6. Stopping at Goroke and Kaniva, to see the beautiful painted silo art work. Enjoy a delicious two course lunch at Keith Hotel. Keith is home to the “Landrover on the pole” and the Andy Caldicott Memorial.
- Continue travelling back to Adelaide stopping at the towns of Coonalpyn and Tailem Bend for comforts stop.
- « Morning tea provided on Day 1
- « Cooked or continental breakfast on Days 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- « Lunch on Days 1 and 6
- « Devonshire afternoon tea on Day 4
- « Two course dinner on Days 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- « Entrance to Museums/attractions listed
- « Fully escorted with a tour host.
- « Deluxe bus travel.
COMPLIMENTARY HOME PICK UP AND RETURN TO SELECTED SUBURBS
Twin/Double Share: $2,295 per person
Single Supplement: $395 for 5 nights