Accommodation: The Standpipe Golf Motor Inn at Port Augusta
Highlights of the tour:
- « Relaxing drive through the rural mid north and southern Flinders Ranges in South Australia.
- « Enjoy morning tea on the first day.
- « Stop at Crystal Brook for a light lunch before having free time to explore the country shops.
- « Visit the Wadlata Outback Centre at Port Augusta and be transported back in time as you walk through the giant ripper lizards jaws to the “Tunnel of Time”. Learn about the creation of the Flinders Ranges and outback and what the land means to the people who first owned, explored and settled here.
- « Tour of Port Augusta including the Mural on the Hill, The Water Tower Look out and Matthew Flinders/Redcliff Look out that over looks the top of Spencer Gulf.
- « Relax and enjoy the scenery as you sit back on the Afghan Express Steam Train as it makes it’s way through the Pichi Richi Pass from Port Augusta to Quorn. Wander around the quaint railway town of Quorn exploring the buildings of yesteryear. Buy your own lunch at one of the little cafes and make sure you have a quandong pie from the Quandong Shop. It’s a treat. Return to the Quorn railway station for the return Afghan Express Steam Train to Port Augusta.
- « Visit the Australian Arid Lands Botanic Garden at Port Augusta. Explore the garden, browse in the gift shop and relax and savour the spectacular views of the Flinders Ranges from the Bluebush Café.
- « Morning tea provided on Day 1.
- « Lunch provided on Day 1 and 3.
- « Enjoy a two course dinner every night.
- « Fully cooked breakfast every morning.
- « Fully escorted with a fun and friendly tour host.
- « Deluxe bus travel.
COMPLIMENTARY HOME PICK UP AND RETURN TO SELECTED SUBURBS
Twin/Double Share: $875 per person
Single Supplement: $150 for 2 nights