Accommodation: Maree, Desert Cave Motel at Coober Pedy and Port Augusta
Highlights of the tour:
- « Amazing outback scenery and experiences in remote South Australia.
- « Enjoy the colours of the Flinders Ranges as you drive past them and the old Ghan railway towns of Quorn, Hawker, Copley and Lyndhurst.
- « Stay at the outback town of Maree which lies at the junction of the Oodnadatta and Birdsville Tracks.
- « See the world’s longest dog (dingo) fence, which is over 5600km.
- « Visit William Creek, SA’s smallest town and have lunch at one of Australia’s most remote and quintessential pubs; William Creek Hotel.
- « Free time to take an optional plane flight over Lake Eyre, departing from William Creek, at your own expense.
- « See the rocky outcrops and small hills emerge from the flat desert landscape. The Painted Desert is splashed with vivid colours of ochre yellow, oxide red and rich brown, crisp whites and jet blacks.
- « Stay in Coober Pedy, the opal capital of the world where it can be so hot that many of the buildings are underground to avoid the heat.
- « You may choose to stay in an underground or aboveground room.
- « Visit the Old Timers Mine and step back to 1916 to see how opal mining was done and how the prospectors lived.
- « Tour of Coober Pedy, including a visit to the underground churches.
- « Tour the desert-like moonscape and colourful low hills of the Kanku-Breakaways and enjoy champagne and orange juice at sunset.
- « Two course roast lunch and tour of Bungaree Sheep Station, near Clare, including the shearing shed and church on the way home.
- « Morning tea provided on Day 1, 2, 4 and 4.
- « Lunch provided on Day 1, 2, 4 and 6.
- « Enjoy a two course dinner every night.
- « Fully cooked breakfast every morning.
- « Fully escorted with a fun and friendly tour host.
- « Deluxe bus travel.
COMPLIMENTARY HOME PICK UP AND RETURN TO SELECTED SUBURBS
Twin/Double Share: $1789 per person
Single Supplement: $420 for 5 nights