5 Days – Monday 13th to Friday 17th September 2021
Accommodation: Hilltop Motel, Broekn Hill: Roundhouse Motel, Peterborough
Highlights of the tour:
- «Come exploring South Australia’s outback and visit Broken Hill, Australia’s first “Heritage Listed City”. It’s isolation in a compellingly beautiful, rugged harsh terrain means locals have been resilient and just made things happen.
- «On the way we will make a brief stop at historic Terowie, once SA’s busiest railway town.
- «Arrive at Broken Hill and start to see just how much it has to offer us tourists with a local guide to show us around.
- «We will take in sunset at the Living Desert Sculptures, Line of Lode Miners Memorial and the Palace Hotel, made famous in Pricilla Queen of the Desert. In fact we will arrive on the last day of the “Broken Heel Festival”. A tribute and celebration of the well known film “Pricilla Queen of the Desert” released in 1994.
- «Spend time exporing Silverton, a town born out of the discovery of silver and lead deposits. Here you will find home of the Mad Max Museum and iconic Silverton Hotel. While there we will check out the Mundi Mundi Plains Lookout and Umberumberka Dam.
- «Two other must see things are the Sulphide Street Railway and Historical Museum and the Silver City Mint & Art Centre, Home of the “Big Picture” the Worlds Largest Acrylic Painting on Canvas.
- «No visit would be complete without time spent at the wonderful life saving “Royal Flying Doctor Service”
- «We will make a half day journey to Lake Menindee, crossing the Darling River to get there. A photographer’s paradise.
- «On our last night out be treated to the amazing Sound & Light show at Peterborough, which explains the towns important railway heritage.
- « Morning tea provided on Day 1
- « Fully Cooked breakfast each morning
- « Lunch provided on Day 1, 3 and 5
- « Enjoy two course dinner every night
- « Fully escorted with a fun and friendly tour host
COMPLIMENTARY HOME PICK AND RETURN TO SELECTED SUBURBS
Twin/Double Share: $1,485 per person
Single Supplement: $235 for 4 nights