Accommodation: Rawnsley Park Station, Arkaroola Wilderness Sanctuary and Hawker
Highlights of the tour:
- « Relaxing drive north passing through rural countryside and the beautiful, rugged and remote Flinders Ranges.
- « Stop at Laura, home of the Golden North Ice cream, for lunch on the first day, and enjoy some delicious Golden North Ice cream too.
- « See The Big Gum Tree at Orroroo, estimated to be 500 years old.
- « Tour the old underground copper mine at Blinman in the Flinders Ranges. Expert guides will re create a unique mining experience.
- « Drive through the picturesque Parachilna Gorge.
- « Enjoy lunch at the famous Prairie Hotel at Parachilna on Day 2. They are renowned for their feral food platters and quandong ice cream.
- «Stay at the remote Rawnsley Park Station in the Flinders Ranges and Arkaroola Wilderness Sanctuary also in the Flinders Ranges and open your curtains to stunning outback views of the Ranges.
- « Take a guided four wheel drive morning tour along the Arkaroola Ridge to the top of the ridge. Be amazed by the rugged terrain and myriad of different rock types and layers that make up the ridge.
- « View the stunning night sky from the Arkaroola Observatory. With the help of guides you will see nebulae, galaxies and other astronomy.
- « Visit the Jeff Morgan Gallery at Hawker and see his amazing Wilpena Panorama which captures the essence of Wilpena and the Flinders Ranges. The panorama is 3.5 metres (11ft) high and 33 metres (98ft) in circumference.
- « Morning tea provided on Day 1.
- « Lunch provided every day.
- « Enjoy a two course dinner every night.
- « Fully cooked breakfast every morning.
- « Fully escorted with a fun and friendly tour host.
- « Deluxe bus travel.
COMPLIMENTARY HOME PICK UP AND RETURN TO SELECTED SUBURBS
Twin/Double Share: $1,545 per person
Single Supplement: $185 for 3 nights